Microsoft Office 365 is often also called Microsoft 365 or Office 365 as well. It is a web supported version of what is known as Microsoft’s Office Suite which contains enterprise or business level productivity applications. Users get Office 365 delivered to them through cloud. The essential purpose of designing this product was to replace the Microsoft Business Productivity Online Suite, but for the enterprise users. But ordinary users shouldn’t let that limit them from using it as it offers a wide array of features which will be beneficial to home and business owners as well.
What are some of the services Office 365 contains?
- Microsoft Software Plus Service: This combines the advantages of cloud based computing software options. It does so with the help of the company’s traditional foundation regarding on-premises software offerings.
- Microsoft Forms: It is a service which is beneficial to students and teachers. With its help teachers can make questionnaires and quizzes on topics and then invite students to record their responses. It also has in-built analytics feature which allows one to correct and evaluate the responses.
- Microsoft Graph API: This lets you connect up with the data of a million users over at Microsoft Cloud. Developers can even make apps for customers and organizations which would be able to connect up with a lot of resources.
- Microsoft PowerApps: This is an enterprise service which lets one make ‘no code’ applications. It is formed on Microsoft Azure and it gives you in-built connections so that you can integrate all your apps with other on-premise and cloud services.
- Microsoft Teams: This is a digital hub which is used for the teamwork that brings content, people and apps together in one overall place. This is already integrated with other types of Office 365 services so that you get the features of Word, Excel, PowerApps and more. You will also be able to add a tab each for each such service within your Microsoft Teams.
- Microsoft Flow: It lets you construct and automate the workflow across various applications without even having to make any custom code. You can use this to automate you email, copy files from sources, synchronize files across various applications and more.
- Microsoft Planner: Microsoft Planner is a tool which allows its users a simple but highly visual way to make and organize their teamwork. It lets users make new plans, share files, assign tasks and get updates on their progress.
- Microsoft Bookings: This lets customers schedule appointments with businesses by making use of mobile and online app. This is suitable for anyone operating small business to handling law firms, dental offices and more. It comes with web based business pages which allow for setup and comes with schedules, customer preferences, product pricing and more.
- Microsoft Yammer: This is a cloud based service which offers a form of private social network for your enterprise. It lets you keep your teams updated by sharing files, updates, images, information, videos and more. Also you will be able to set up notifications right in your inbox to prioritize, view and manage the important announcements and messages all across the groups.
Benefits of using Office 365
- It is in the cloud: It means that buying the suite won’t necessarily require that you download it. Along with this, the office suite automatically saves your documents right to the cloud itself.
- Comes with Terabyte of cloud storage: Office 365 was made to integrate with SkyDrive which is basically Microsoft’s version of Google Drive. Office 365 Home comes with 6 TB total (1000 GB each for 6 users) while for Business version, basic version gets 1 TB of OneDrive storage per user, Premium Business plan comes with unlimited personal storage.
- License for five devices: Paying up for a subscription fee for Office 365 Home Premium does come with one big advantage. It’s that you can install the service on up to five devices. Amongst these five devices, you can install it on Macs and Windows machines too.
- Does work on the touch-screen devices: This is designed to work on the touch screen devices like touch screen laptops and tablets which are running Windows 8.
- Extra discounts and versions: Home Premium is actually just one of the many parts of Microsoft Office which is available. There are business editions and office packages for which university students can get a big discount.
- Get Free Skype minutes: One easy perk which is quite easy to overlook is the One hour worth of Skype minutes which Home Premium subscribers get each month. It allows them to call landlines, but only in the supported countries. Although Skype-to-skype calls are always free.
One of the major advantages of Office 365 is that it gets updated regularly. So users aren’t required to pay for any upgrade fees. Office 365 comes with a lot of services and benefits which fits people from different backgrounds. It has everything a working person could possibly need and even more.